Sunday, January 28, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 28]:~ A Lifetime of Memories

 

~:[CH13 - Day 28]:~ A Lifetime of Memories

My traditional line when I land in LA after a trip is, "I'm free!" No longer am I responsible for a group of students after a week or so of activities and conference. The preparation and organization is all over and now, I feel the burden lifted off of my shoulders. Of course, although it feels nice today, the process begins for the next trip soon thereafter. You may think that it's exhausting so why would you keep doing it, but ultimately when you think about it, the effort put in, creates a lasting lifetime of memories. Compared to the memories these trips create, the effort is minimal. At times it's frustrating, stressful or I am just flat out exhausted, but whenever I type my final reflection at the end of the trip, I always think, I'm glad that they'll have these memories. Sure, these trips don't always run perfectly, but ultimately, they'll remember the best parts of these trips. It's been nine days since I left and I am ready to go to my own bed, but I will not close my eyes regretting any of the time and effort, as it all was worth it. Time and time again, I've ran into alumni as we reflect on their own trips they had while in high school and it reassured me that the investments I made to make these trips happen end up yielding some amazing returns - a lifetime of memories. Over time, the memories of these various trips have blended together as I vaguely remember this or that about each trip, still yet, I will not forget the joyous moments that the students that created a lasting memory. In the end, we actually fared pretty well at the conference with over half of them receiving awards, but of course the biggest reward of the week was the lifetime of memories they'll all take home with them tonight and for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment