Thursday, January 18, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 18]:~ Stand by Your Philosophy

 
~:[CH13 - Day 18]:~ Stand by Your Philosophy

This has always been one of my favorite simulations. One of my colleagues introduced me to it and since then, I've regularly had my students participate in the philosophers' forum! It great to see them dress up and represent different ideologies as they debate back and forth on the top of government. Some get into their roles and it really leads to a fun debate and discussion. The students are often surprised by how each guest at the forum viewed government and people. This forum always makes me think about my own philosophy in life. Will my ideals be swayed by those around me? Will I stand my ground even if it means I am standing alone? Where am I willing to compromise and where am I not? Will my philosophy help me succeed or is it what is detrimental to my success? In reality, I don't really have a certain way of living. I do my best to keep a positive mindset, I like to make sure I produce quality work, and I have been working on ensuring I keep a balance between work and personal space. Sometimes it becomes challenging, especially at  work when my patience is tested, but on campus I also stand by my own set of philosophies, as I try to create students who can become independent. It's always a battle, but when I see these freshmen when they become seniors, I am often impressed at how much they've matured over time and seem prepared for the road ahead. If we all look at our own philosophies in life, think about if you are compromising too much or are you too set in your ways and see how you can adjust and adapt to allow yourself to become the most successful version of your self. As we wrapped up the forum, it was fun to see them learn to represent their philosophers even when they didn't agree with their ideas and in the end, when they're able to do that, I know that they're better prepared for the road ahead of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment