
~:[CH13 - Day 185]:~ In Peace & Harmony
I headed downstairs early in the morning and dropped my bags off in the lobby. It was the first time that I every used a delivery service to get my bags to the airport. It was the best decision. With a little excess of what I normally take home, it would have been nearly impossible to make the transfer in a single trip, but by 9am, I was left with only my backpack and hours before my departure. I rested a bit and headed out to Kamakura, a place that I missed since I overslept. I locked my backpack in a locker and felt the most free as I wandered around the area. Sadness ran through my veins as I knew that I would be leaving soon, but a calm settled in me as I wandered around this town. While tourists filled the streets, it was much less than the crowds in the city or other major areas, so I took my time and enjoyed the area. I ate in a place where it was just me, as the refreshing dish, cooled me off and shaded me from the unrelenting sun overhead. My thighs burned as I trekked up a hillside at a local shrine, still yet, I was met with the cold ocean breeze that cooled me down. I found a bit of peace and harmony as I enjoyed my final few hours before departure. With every meeting, project, and interview done, I ventured around carefree. I arrived in time to the airport, was able to relax and enjoy a nice meal, and slept my way through the flight as I arrived home, finally. At some point in life, despite the ups and downs, you find a moment of peace and harmony. Where you and the environment vibe and find a equilibrium which brings balance to your life. You can't force it, as it arrives and departs on its own, but when it does, absorb it. As I felt the longing of wanting to stay longer, I was content with the sense of tranquility and calm. You can't always carry the weight of life on your shoulders. Every once in awhile, unload it and allow someone to help you transfer that burden temporarily until your next destination, as we need to all restore that peace and harmony in our lives. While it's possible to find in the chaos of life, only when you truly feel the weight lifting of your shoulders, do you give yourself the best chance to find the path that will help you find what has been buried deep inside. As I head into another busy stretch ahead, I was appreciative to have this moment to be refreshed. May we all find the time to give ourselves this opportunity, as it is not only welcomed, but necessary.

No comments:
Post a Comment