
~:[CH13 - Day 199]:~ Our Struggles Behind Our Smiles
As I watched Inside Out 2, it was a remind of the struggles that we all face on a daily basis. Our various emotions battle for power within our minds, leaves us exhausted and weary at times. It causes chaos and confusion and often, we wonder, what should we do. If we try to focus only on what is good, we often times forget about the many lessons we can make; while when we worry about things and become anxious, we often can drive ourselves into failure. As someone close to me pointed out, we never know what goes on behind the smile. A smile can be a sign that everything is okay. To our friends and family, we must always be alert, as often times, they give us signs when they are struggling, even when they appear they are not. I always appreciate those who reach out when they notice and I hope that I can do the same for others. As while if we just take a glance, we may only see a smile, but when we take the time to listen and observe, we can be the helping hand those around us need, to make that smile into the true emotion that is being felt. As I enjoyed an afternoon with an old friend, it was great to catch up and chat about a myriad of things. Most importantly, I felt the sense that we both could rely on each other, even though it's been some time since we have seen each other last. As friends, we've been through thick and thin and I know, it's people like this that I know will help me keep revealing a smile that is genuine, as they bring the joy and happiness to life. Find those who can be that foundation for you and help you find that genuine smile that you've been missing, As while it's easy to mask the pain and suffering you're facing, it becomes that much easier when you know that you've got a support system ready and waiting to help keep you going. To all those who are "that" person for somebody, thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment