
~:[CH13 - Day 187]:~ The Great Sort
On the day I came back, I got right to sorting through my stuff. I did my laundry and organized my things, This typically doesn't happen right away, so it was quite amazing. Regardless, it's a great time to go back to relieve some moments. It also keeps me organized so I can process through a lot of the material and also realize the amount of work I did on this trip. Today was the digital sort as I organized my files and ensured that categorized everything and had it in order. Since I allowed myself to sleep in a bit, I didn't have as much time as I wanted, but still got everything completed. I collected over 80,000 files during the trip, which includes edited files, video clips and more. I really couldn't believe the staggering total. It means that I probably took about 40,000 photos (including my cell phone) during the month. I knew I did a lot of work of the course of my time, but I didn't realize that the number would be this staggering. As we sort out things in our lives, sometimes we'll uncover just how amazing some of our feats were and just how important things were. When we're going through it, sometimes it feels like a blur, but when we finally go back to sort things out, we discover more that lies under the layers that we didn't realize in the moment. I know there is still more to uncover, but for now, I'll appreciate the fact that I accomplished so much and will begin to dive deeper into each layer as I look back at things after completing this great sort. When time permits, go back through your things and I hope that while doing so, you'll realize all that you've accomplished and see aspects to things you didn't realize in the moment. It's a great opportunity to look back, reflect and appreciate the finer details that otherwise may have been buried away.

No comments:
Post a Comment