Sunday, July 7, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 189]:~ Following Your Taste Buds

 
~:[CH13 - Day 189]:~ Following Your Taste Buds 

I don't think there is a particular flavor that would define me. I find that I cook according to my cravings. I am not sure if most fall into a sweet or savory category, but at times, I am all over the place. I do tend to lean towards the savory side of foods, still yet, I try to mix it up and adjust what I am cooking based on the mood for the day. While in Japan, most asked what I wanted to eat and it wasn't an easy thing to come up with. Sometimes, I don't know if it was what I was craving until it hits my taste buds and activates those senses. One of the days, the yuzu pepper set off that craving and I ended up coming back with a bottle. I think the flavors of Japan is one that connects me from when I transition from Japan to home or home to Japan. I eat a lot of Japanese food in both locations. I find it nice that I can adjust how I cook the food and can become a sensory overload sometimes when balancing the sweet, the salty, the sour and more. While at times, eating the food makes me miss being away even more, I am glad to be able to have more access to satisfying the variety of cravings I have for food throughout a given day. Thinking of this, I became curious of what people's preferences were. What are the types of foods, drinks or snacks that you crave? Is it bitter? sweet? salty? sour? Does your palette favor one side, is it balanced or unpredictable? No matter what, I hope that we all can enjoy the foods we crave and allow it to make us find some happiness, as the flavors bring us memories and make our senses come alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment