~:[CH2 - Day 81]:~ Bonanza
This weekend will be filled with track, as we go back-to-back-to-back. We had a great day today with the #6AT CHS BV 3200m mark and the #5AT CHS GV DMR mark. While I just got home from the race, it was time well spent and we had a good time at the meet despite the delays. Today was also a spectacular day as we wrapped up the Pasta for Patients Leukemia & Lymphoma Society drive. While I don't think we ended up as the top class, our class realized their accomplishment at the end of the day. I was inspired by a student who told a story of the impact that this drive has on his life and it really inspired others to donate! This drive always reminds me of my MUN advisor who said that the City of Hope told him that there was no hope. While it may not be for the same cause, I know that what our school raises will allow for some hope to live on in the lives of others. In the end, we collected almost 800 dollars from fifth period who continued to pour out support long after they reached their goal. My 4th period collected about 500 dollars for the freshman class collection since the class period drive is only for fifth period. I am truly amazed at the generosity and heart of this group and much of the money were students sacrificing their savings for others, a true sign that they understand the importance of helping others. Regardless of anything else, I am so proud of everyone who donated, even if it was just a penny. For all those out there, the bad news is, you're going to see two new music videos from me in the near future, as that was my reward to those two periods. Cover your ears while you have a chance!


No comments:
Post a Comment