Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27, 2013 ~ It's Called Dreaming

"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am not a butterfly dreaming I am a man." - Zhuangzi

Sometimes in life there are those moments that you can't really telling if you are dreaming or not. Where every step you take, feels as if you are walking on air, as the cushioning of the clouds absorbs the shock of the ground. The air around is so fresh and the tranquil sounds make you feel nothing but pure relaxation.

Sometimes those moments you find you think could never exist in real life. Similarly, the journeys you take are unrivaled and no real-life journey could equal that in your dream. The adventures you take on, the hidden places you discover, and experiences that are unfathomed.

However, what if our dreams are actually our reality. No, this is not a connection to Inception. What if this real-life we have found our entire lives are truly our dreams and our dreams our reality? Or even if when we dream, we actually aren't really dreaming at all.

On a few occasions, I spent an entire morning or even day thinking to myself, what do I really do when I sleep? Sometimes, I wake up in a completely different position, I have things in different places than when I slept, or even on a few occasions, woken up in a different part of the house (very rare, but it's happened). What if that pain in your neck or your soreness was from what you did while you were sleeping? It's quite interesting to think that you might have an alter-ego and makes you think, do I really know myself.

The reality though, one of these days, one of these dreams I have is going to come true. The feeling of freedom where all the stress of the world is washed away, leaving no traces. The amazing sights and smells that arouse the senses and leave nothing to the imagination. The lack of fear, of anger, of stress, of jealousy, of nervousness, of deadlines, and of any other worries. The comforts of oneself without the worries of what will come next. The absence of searching for loving, knowing that the one you love sits right next to you and each of you wants nothing more than to be right where you are, wherever the other one is. Yeah, that's what I am hoping for ... for that dream to become a reality.

Some people dream of fortune, of fame, of the many things that the world can offer. I just dream of a life that is comfortable with the ones I love, especially with, the one I love. Where all the worries of the world slowly fade away, where I feel as if I am walking on the clouds, floating through the air, without a care in the world. A place where I can see forever, yet never leave today; feeling as if I was everywhere, without leaving here. When I think about it, I think I've always thought of this wrong. I've always thought, "how can I make my dreams become a reality?" Maybe I should be thinking, "how can my reality, become my dreams?"

 Am I a butterfly dreaming I am a man? Am I a man dreaming I am a butterfly? I am not sure, but I hope that no matter what I am, I found that sidekick, man or butterfly, who can make my reality become my dreams. As while some people may be searching for the person of their dreams, I will seek out the woman of my reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment