~:[CH6 - Day 64]:~ What Lies Within
When I need to recharge or find inspiration, I like to walk. Today, I walked a lot. It was a wonderful day to do so, as the rain kept people away and I had mostly peace and quiet as I strolled around Huntington Library. As you walk through gardens, most people look around and find the prettiest flowers or the most magnificent looking plant. It made me think about how plants are just like people. Often times, the most skilled or best looking people attract the most attention while plants like the cactus often go unnoticed. Sure, there are people who enjoy it, but often, people would rather look at something bright, eye-catching or appealing. However, our world has become so superficial in that sense that we go to a garden to look at all the beauty that surrounds us and forget to look closer at the details that we miss from far away and to truly see what lies below the surface. We judge our books by their covers before we even know what the book is about and that is where our troubles begin. I think it should be a task of us all to make that extra effort to meet someone new and to not judge them before we get to know them. My first stop today was to the area where all the cacti were on display and there was not one ounce of regret for doing so. The intricacies, the variations, and even the few that had a bit of color in them, made them very special and were even better when you took the time to look a little bit closer. If you just looked at the cover, you'd said, today it rained. When you look a little bit closer though, you'd see that I had a day with hours to think while walking miles throughout the day and by day's end, I saw that I was better because of it. I like to walk and in doing so, I find inspiration.


No comments:
Post a Comment