Thursday, March 16, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 75]:~ Introverted in an Extroverted World

~:[CH6 - Day 75]:~ Introverted in an Extroverted World
Interestingly enough, I live in an extroverted world. Model UN, coaching, teaching ... go figure! I've grown out of my introverted world to at least be able to communicate and speak up, but I still find myself going back to my introverted tendencies. I don't like to talk in front of big crowds or groups, I need my alone time to recharge, I like to reflect and I often think too much, rather than act. Of course, I teach and talk daily, I'm bombarded daily surrounded by people all the time and have to raise my voice when coaching. Because of that, I've grown to talk more in some senses, yet often, people misinterpret me because I don't speak up or talk a lot with them. Honestly, I much rather take pictures, wander on a long hike, blog, cook or even take a solo adventure. I've grown to love being around people, but normally, one or two at a time. I won't often say what I need to say, aside from during work, and often that can lead to a state of confusion, mixed messages and more. But hey, this is me. As I sit on my bed, in a silent and peaceful area, I recharge, as I get the peace and quiet I enjoy, as I have time to reflect on the day. Just finishing the series, My Shy Boss, I completely realize how he is feeling, as he struggles with the daily life of a introvert. Sure, he is much more introverted than I am, but the similarities are unreal. As I move through another day of meetings and conferences, I am drained having to try and socialize and sacrifice my recharging time, however, the constant exposure to it all has allowed me to break out my shell and find myself heading away from the introverts, trying to mix in with the crowd in which I am constantly placed. Will it ever be easy? Probably not. However, for now, I soak in the peace and quiet of this world as an introvert in this extroverted world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment