Sunday, March 19, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 78]:~ A Galaxy of Possibilities

~:[CH6 - Day 78]:~ A Galaxy of Possibilities
Today was a day of reflection. As I sorted through the photos from the trip, I couldn't help look at this all too familiar picture and wonder, how many possibilities exist for us all. In a world that seems so vast, there are still so many more avenues that we leave unexplored and so much more that is still yet unknown. Many of us only know our own paths and of a few others who we hold close to us, but what about the rest? We live in a time where we have our own bubble and care less for others than we should, generally speaking. The question is, how much more can we give and can we think of others in our process of reaching for the stars? Can we balance determination with selflessness? As I pondered it all, I got upset at moments of my own selfishness and competitiveness and began to feel greater appreciation towards the support and help of others to help get me to where I am today. It also got me to thinking about how much more can I do to reach out to others. As I was introduced to a new story, it connected with these thoughts as it explained that we truly never know the story of others and what they have to deal with. While many will push aside those who seem to difficult to deal with, it would be of great service if we could take the time to find the root of the issues so that we can do our best to help as many of those around us, including ourselves. The possibilities that surrounded me overhead were like a galaxy of stars and instead of thinking of all the possibilities ahead for me, I now know that I must look at it as all of the possibilities for us all. As while we must have goals and strive to find success, we must do it by raising those around us in the process rather than trying to push them aside while trying to reach the top. The possibilities are endless, but only if we allow them all to exist and do not allow the lights around us to extinguish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment