~:[CH6 - Day 71]:~ Sunshine Cuts Through the Bitterness
It was bitterly cold. Just when I thought it felt good, it was freezing again. We had a group wake up late, I had to walk to the crown of the Statue of Liberty twice to accompany a group of our students, I was exhausted and more; however, by days end, the sunshine outlasted the bitterness. We got to go up to the crown for the first time in quite awhile, we remembered the victims of 9/11, took a stroll along the Brooklyn Bridge and we caught an amazing showing of Wicked. It was also nice to see some alumni and catch up with a friend who always is a bright spot of the day. While the blue skies persisted overhead, the threat of a blizzard forthcoming looms overhead as we try to make alternative plans and also plan ahead for Tuesday. Nonetheless, today ended up being awesome, although my muscles do not quite agree with that statement, the bitter cold could not ruin the day, as good people can always overcome all the bad the world has to offer.


No comments:
Post a Comment