~:[CH8 - Day 153]:~ We Celebrate Life
Death is inevitable, but living is not guaranteed. I once read a quote similar to this and it reminded me how we must live and grab life by the horns. We must take the opportunities presented to us and love without holding back. There are too many times in our lives where we allow our emotions to make decisions that we should never have made or mix up our priorities and forget to treasure those who are so dear. Every ticking second is valuable and showing love, especially to those who you hold near and dear is important. In the sadness of watching a family mourn the loss of a loved one, I saw the celebration of someone who reached out to so many and truly grasped the opportunities out there. As the moments progressed, I couldn't help but think of all the loved ones around me and knowing that our time together is also limited. While our spirits may live on, there is only so much time we have to live in this physical world and whether in days, years or decades, at some point, it will be our time to part ways. Understanding, trust, and compassion are among a long list of words that we must implement in our daily lives if we want to truly live. Life is too short to allow petty differences to divide us, to allow ourselves to be upset, or to be discouraged for what we did not accomplish. Look around you and see all the beautiful people that surround you. Sometimes, being in the picture, you lose sight of that, but when you take that step back and view it, you'll see all that you have around you. Today made me realize that I have some work to do. I need to mend old wounds, rebuild bridges, and pour more love into those relationships I have maintained all these years. As while there may seem to be a limitless amount of time for us to do these things, today reminded me that it's not the case. Say the words you want to say, go do those things you've always wanted to do, and leave this place in a way that people will be able to celebrate your life, as one who has truly lived and deeply loved.


No comments:
Post a Comment