Thursday, June 6, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 157]:~ No Special Effects

~:[CH8 - Day 157]:~ No Special Effects
In this day and age, Hollywood could film you in the middle of the dessert, but ultimately they can put you in the Alps, the highest tower around or even in space. However, where can you go without those special effects? While it might not have the spectacular Hollywoodesque feel, we can tell our own story and make it just as spectacular. As we began to shoot our music video, I thought about how our society is so into the social media aspect of this day and age that we look at images and imagine our dream world, when in reality we may be looking at a manipulate photo or one that doesn't show the whole picture. We all have wonderful stories to tell. I begin to realize that more and more as I interview people or have them reflect on their year. Instead of trying to do the Hollywoodesque thing of putting us at the peak of a mountain, maybe we can fine the same incredible story in our own backyard. Our lives are our movie, let's allow it to be a set that is more incredible that then movies or what we come across on social media. As a photographer, I look around so long for that "perfect shot," but in life, I've realized that there are so many perfect shots that cannot be captured that need no special effects at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment