Tuesday, June 4, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 155]:~ The Turnover

~:[CH8 - Day 155]:~ The Turnover
I talk about this almost every year. As a teacher, you get used to the turnover, but at the same time, it never really gets any easier. Especially when you have students in a program where you work so closely with them, you find that the connections you make with them are tougher to break. I have always been impressed by the amazing students who come out of the program and as I see the turnover of students that we have every year, I see a new crop of amazing students stepping up into their place. However, none of these students are replaceable. Sure, the performance of the next class may outdo what this class did, but when it comes time to place them somewhere, you simply try to squish them in, rather than replace what was already there. I think in our lives we have the choice to take the Kondo way or to become the hoarder that I am, keeping all the memories I have and allowing them to pile up. Sure, it may feel nice to declutter your life, but at the same time, I don't mind all that I am collecting, especially when every one of these memories and people are this amazing. Thank you again for another wonderful year and for another reminder of just how lucky I am to work in a program that is so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment