~:[CH9 - Day 307]:~ The Hope For Something Better
Today, I had a fabulous dinner. My dad's friend gave us some fish that was caught and so we sliced it up and had a delicious dinner. Tonight was good, tomorrow will be better (toro). While that is the case, I hope for something even better that that toro tomorrow. There is a lot of anxiety and fear association with the election tomorrow. It's sad to live in a time where reckless driving and harassing is praised by our president, where hate and division is spread and where people are afraid that their votes won't be counted. I never thought that I would live in a time where attempts at voter suppression would occur, but hey it's 2020. No matter what happens tomorrow, I hope that we find it in ourselves to not create chaos and violence, to treat others with respect, but at the same time, be ready to raise your voice in the case of actual wrongdoings. We've found ourselves living expecting the worst and that is not the life we should be living. For tomorrow, let's hope for something better, but at the same time, the way we achieve something better is working on bettering ourselves. Sure, it takes others to make things work, but we only make it worse when we lower ourselves to their levels. Instead of expecting the worst, let's make it into a time we can hope that the greatest days are ahead of us, because they truly are, but to get there, we must work together. For now, I'll enjoy tonight's dinner and sleep comfortably hoping that tomorrow we find something much, much better.


No comments:
Post a Comment