Monday, November 16, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 321]:~ Carrying the Torch

 
~:[CH9 - Day 321]:~ Carrying the Torch

One of the best things about staying home is learning. One of the things I always wanted to do, but never learned, was to make my family's special chicken soup. Sadly, being locked inside all day, I thought it was cold outside so thought it would be perfect. It was a hot day. Regardless, it was a great dish to make. Instead of small drumsticks, I got the large ones (on accident) and I added a few things in that I almost missed, but overall, it was a great Japanese chicken soup. I often cook with olive oil or butter due to time, but to spend the time to make the soup base from scratch is definitely worth it. The natural oils that come from the chicken were surreal and the combination of vegetables in the soup made it feel so healthy. The salt from the wakame was amazing and I was able to get the daikon to just the right texture. I forgot to grate the ginger so it didn't get into the soup as much, but still turned out well. Learning these traditions is something I have enjoyed and being able to watch my parents do various things that I never had the time to watch is truly one of the Blessings of this pandemic. As while we are limited, the possibilities and opportunities still do exist if we seek them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment