Sunday, November 8, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 313]:~ Make No Mi"steak"

 

~:[CH9 - Day 313]:~ Make No Mi"steak"

It's one of my mom's favorite things to eat, steak. I was trying to clear out last week's groceries, as I just got a new batch of food this week. I made cauliflower rice and topped it with bell peppers, asparagus, shishito peppers and of course the steak. I even made my own steak sauce. It was a delicious meal, but the work steak, made me think about the word stake. As I scoured the news for information I was reminded that although we may have celebrated yesterday, we cannot rest today. There is a lot at stake and we cannot simply sit back and watch. We must be engaged and vocal about the changed we need to see. In my letter to America, I did talk about how we have to be willing to work with each other, but we also have to make sure our intentions are known. At the same time, however, we must be willing to sacrifice a bit to truly give this country what it needs. Until we are willing to make those concessions, we cannot heal and we cannot grow. Our wants are important, but fulfilling the need is even more so. As I chowed down on my steak, I thought about all of this. There is a lot of work to do and a lot of problems to solve, but together, I know we can slowly chip away at this mountain of issues that face us. There is a lot to work on, but just take it one bite at a time so we can truly savor the flavor of progress. Make no mistake, it will be difficult, but if we are willing to work together, we can do this, TOGETHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment