Thursday, November 5, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 310]:~ Designing Our Future

 

~:[CH9 - Day 310]:~ Designing Our Future

I was weeks away from heading back to Asia to do another collab, but everything shattered and all that work went down the drain. I've found the ability to get work done, piece things together, and even add in a few fun projects here and there. As I was working on my most recent piece, I was thinking, how WE are in charge of designing our future. We live in a time where we are so divide, where hopelessness runs rampant, and were many of us fear what's ahead. I had my cross country class complete an assignment where they talked about their anxieties and fears, but also how they could help each other and themselves. It made me think about how demoralizing times have been. There is no doubt, we are divided more now, than any other time in my lifetime. However, it will be our fault if our future is filled with the same story. Why? We must now take the reigns and the power to make this world a better place. We first have to stop categorizing each other as Democrats and Republics (of which I don't fit in either strangely) or any other comparison and just see each other as people. We have to be willing to listen rather than just talk and we need to learn to empathize. We must love and not hate, while looking at what is best for society rather than always only choosing what is in our own best interest. Let's protect each other, even if that means inconveniencing ourselves or being uncomfortable. Let's educated ourselves by researching deeper into things rather than simply reading headlines and by hearing both sides of the story, rather than just the side we want to hear. I could go on and on about what needs to change, but I want to remind you, that it's not a problem of the system or anyone around us, but the problem begins with us. We must become a better person and spread that idea to others. It won't happen right away and you'll meet resistance, but if you want to truly have a future that eliminates many of the problems we face today, it won't be easy. The ugliness I see all around me is not who we are. We are better than this and I know that we can eliminate all of the problems we face, but we can only do it, if this future is designed together. As we go to bed tonight with a clearer picture of the political future (although not 100% clear), let's be reasonable, let's be responsible, and instead of taking a step back, let's take a step towards each other. We may differ in ideologies, beliefs, background, and more, but we can still connect with each other, love each other, grow together and most importantly, learn from each other. The fastest way we clean up the road ahead is if we all do our part to pick up the mess that we all made. If we made the mess, own up to it, if we didn't, let's still lend a hand and help clean it up, because it's going to take all of us. I'm not sure when I will be headed to Asia again, but for now, instead of complaining or sulking, I'll make the most of the opportunities I have and appreciate that at the very least, I can still design and connect with people around the world, designing a future that we all can be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment