Friday, November 6, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 311]:~ Just a Little Longer

 

~:[CH9 - Day 311]:~ Just a Little Longer

Sometimes we are so focused on getting things instantly, that we forget that good things often take time. We often see things that take time as a delay, but what if it's just growth or maturing? Would we want to eat a fruit or vegetable before it's ripened or fully grown? I, myself, have had to figure that all out as we go and have to keep reminding myself that I can just wait a little longer. As I made a short trek and faced "delays," the time gave me opportunities to think, reflect and take in all that was going on around me. As I waited for the results of the election, I only knew that it was leading up to a more dramatic ending. A blowout win is less stressful, but an overtime buzzer beater leads to a huge celebration and it won't be long before we get to celebrate this victory. For now, we can wait just a little longer and hope and pray all falls into place. As I drove back down a dark road, I knew that soon enough, the sun would shine on a new day and I would be able to soak in the light after this long stretch of darkness. The time is ticking, but in that time, it's making what's to come a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment