Tuesday, November 3, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 308]:~ Too Close To Call

 

~:[CH9 - Day 308]:~ Too Close To Call

In 2016, I learned a lot about counties in the US, especially in the hotly contested areas during the election. I learned about the voting process, the party affiliations and more. This year, as I watched the election, I could zone in on those areas and it helped me get a better idea of how things would play out. I was hoping to know the status of the election before I went to sleep, but it ended up being too close to call and seemed waiting wouldn't do much. As a note, the outstanding votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and George tend to be mail in ballots, early voting or skew Democratic votes, however, only time will tell. I, along with many others, was disturbed by the fact that Donald Trump would step up and give a speech about how continuing to count would be a fraud, while also saying that calling a race already (Arizona) was non-sense. It is dangerous for a candidate, especially when they are a president, to question the legitimacy of the democratic process especially when few irregularities occurred. Voting counting and certification often goes into the next days or weeks and we should definitely continue until every vote that fit within the guidelines of their respective state are counted. We ALL lose if that's not the case and when our democratic process is challenged. I cannot say I am not disappointed, but I will go to sleep after eating a fabulous dinner and wake up ready for more hours of statistical analysis. I wish I could say otherwise, but for now, it's too close to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment