It was the last day of school before spring break and also our last cluster meet. We had to leave at 11:30am, so I had to scramble to get my period covered. Not being able to get most of the day covered leaves a ridiculous amount of stress when you're in charge of the meet as I was running around campus to try to get to the bus on time and do all the things I had to do. I ended up forgetting a few things here and there (including my lunch/dinner), but I survived, barely. When arriving, I knew it would be a long day as our starter was one we've always had problems with and sadly we had issues with him again. In the end, he ran the slowest meet I could have ever imagined, as we wrapped up as we closed in on 8pm. It was sad because the last race was almost running in the dark. Regardless, it was a good day. We had some great races, amazing effort and moments like this which I saw these athletes find these moments they will treasure years down the line. About a month ago, they were driving me a little crazy, but they found a way to turn it around and head in the right direction. In the end, we swept all four divisions convincingly. I had a busy night ahead, but I still decided to eat with the team before getting everything gathered at home late into the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment