Friday, November 11, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 315]:~ Handwritten Quality

 
~:[CH11 - Day 315]:~ Handwritten Quality

I used to write so many handwritten letters. Do you have one of them? I believe I told this story before. In high school, we used to write letters all the time and did the most my sophomore year during summer school. We'd write them, slip them through the wall to the other class and write back and forth. We'd have notebooks with friends or significant others and wrote letters back and forth. Even now, the most precious gifts aren't physical, rather, the letter that comes with a gift or even if it doesn't come with a gift. As we prepared for CIF, I spent the second half of the day off writing these handwritten notes to each of my athletes and coaches. There is a quality about them when I look back at them and just appreciate it. As while on a computer I can reproduce each of these to look exactly the same, instead, each of these cards are different and while similar, each has their own qualities that are different from another. I wish that students these days would appreciate the art of handwritten notes and send them to each other more often, but instead, a text message with emojis it is. Regardless, at least for our ohana, at least once a year, they'll write to each other and receive one card from the team and from me so at least within our team, this art of handwritten letters and cards doesn't disappear completely. What is your greatest memory of a handwritten note?

No comments:

Post a Comment