Sunday, November 20, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 324]:~ Going Bananas

 
~:[CH11 - Day 324]:~ Going Bananas

The athletes weren't at 100%, but they still stuck it out and were ready to run. After a long day the day before, they tried to refocus on the race ahead. However, despite the challenges, they raced hard and well. Their times may not have been new PRs, but they did push in the races and challenged the field. It's always a challenge to stay focused for a season, but even harder when you decide to take on the junior olympics circuit. It was a fun little break to drive out to Las Vegas and support this group. The drive home was much better than the drive to Vegas, however, it was bittersweet knowing that I was heading home to pick up my dad before turning around and headed back for the week. As I thought back on the weekend, I was glad that these athletes were able to finish on a good night and also had a chance to start their break going bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment