Saturday, November 12, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 316]:~ Every Ounce

 
~:[CH11 - Day 316]:~ Every Ounce

We finished the day at Red Palace after expending all our energy this morning and all season for that matter. Yes, our season ended today. Being in one of the toughest divisions, we knew it would be a challenge to advance, however, this year, the athletes didn't back down. They enjoyed their race, but also pushed hard. A few had cramps and some were battling slight injuries, but all kept working and kept pushing. Some improved from the invitational and some did not, but there was no disappointment in my eyes by day's end. We knew this season would be a tough one from the start, but the work the team put in this year made it much easier. They continued to progress and improve and while the times at face value weren't top notch compared to the best teams I've coached, the improvement these team made every week definitely was what was highlighted. It's easy to give up when you are the underdog, but when you see a group overperform, it becomes something that you remember even more than teams that were simply talented. I always tell my team that success is not finishing first in a race, rather it's putting your heart and soul into something, pressing forward and never giving up. In the process, there will be disappointment and you're going to miss your goals, but it doesn't mean that you were not successful. Giving every ounce of yourself to chase after something you wish to achieve is the greatest way to achieve success. In the end, the athletes finished where I projected with the girls hitting the exact number I predicted, but if I looked back at the beginning of the season, I know they would have far exceeded my expectations. They hung tough this year, gave it their all, and grew together as one ohana. Sadly, we'll have to say goodbye to our seniors, but soon enough, we'll also dust ourselves off in a few weeks and get back to working knowing that there is much more to achieve. It was a successful season, but the only way to find that same success (or greater) is to keep working at it, day in and day out. This team gave me their all and today, I couldn't be more proud. Ohana RNR.

No comments:

Post a Comment