
~:[CH12 - Day 190]:~ Rest & Work
I didn't set an alarm today ... on purpose. I knew I would be tired, so I wanted to let my body decide when to wake up. I had a meeting, but not until later in the evening and I knew I wouldn't sleep until then. With no alarm, I did wake up later than expected, but felt good when I woke up. It's not easy to find the time to allow yourself to sleep, but today, I did. I did some odds and ends, before making my regular Sunday run to get boba. It was just the energy I needed to power through the rest of the day. I finished up a draft of edits and then headed to the meeting where my students made me so proud. They worked with students from across the world and helped them prepare for their first MUN conferences. It's challenging enough trying to go to your first conference, but when you attend a conference in your second language, it's even more overwhelming. In the end, it seemed like our students were able to pass on some knowledge to these students in Japan and they in turn got an experience that they will remember for a long time moving forward. As I went back to preparing for the week ahead, I had a little bounce in my step as I was happy to have a productive and successful day. While there are definitely things I will miss about being away, they often say, there's no place like home. While drinking my rose vanilla milk tea with egg pudding, I couldn't agree more.

No comments:
Post a Comment