
~:[CH12 - Day 201]:~ These Newbies
I can't think of a time that I went to a practice and not a single person knew the route/workout. In all honestly, it isn't a bad thing, but the reality is, it was a little mind-boggling. While we had a range of new and returning athletes, they had not attended this particular workout. It was a bit of a challenge starting out, but in the end, they figured out what to do and had a wonderful workout. Yes, these are newbies we had today, but it doesn't mean the workout didn't go well. I think, after doing something for so many years, it's easy to assume you won't have to go with the basics anymore, but the past few years have show me, that at times, you need to start from scratch and go through things you never thought you'd need to every again. This group was definitely exhausted by day's end, but they still had time to goof off and enjoy their time together, which is one of the reasons many of them go to these workouts anyway. Who knows if this will happen again, for now, I'll bookmark this as the first in awhile moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment