Saturday, August 3, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 216]:~ At Peace

 
~:[CH13 - Day 216]:~ At Peace

I've never seen the sakura in Japan. The one time I was supposed to go, my plans were derailed. However, when looking to the ceiling of the mortuary at the viewing today, I couldn't stop thinking about the beauty of its visual above. Without a photo, I searched for one that could compose this emotion within myself and I found this photo. The delicate beauty of the sakura with the journey of someone who has fought through the tough battles of life and now is making her way on her final journey. There was sadness in the air, but at the same time, there was a sense of consolation in that Maya could be at peace. We always wish for a miracle in these types of situations, but at the same time, our ability to be able to meet someone like Maya is a miracle in itself. While I didn't have many encounters with her, when I saw her at gatherings and at the basketball games, she was always full of energy and enthusiasm. One time, while eating at Dakara, she came in through the back and her energy was something that could be easily sensed. It's these types of people that are a miracle to those around them. They contribute to the lives of others and bright light and hope into their lives. They don't cease to exist, as their memory is already imprinted within us, as we carry a part of her with every day we are lucky enough to walk on this earth. To have a child pass so young is definitely a tragedy, but still yet, I know that I am lucky to have crossed paths with her. As I looked up to the ceiling, I thought of walking across a beautiful path with the petals of the sakura gently swirling around me. As while you may never want anyone to take this journey, your only hope is that they get an opportunity to have their final journey be as beautiful as this. If the beauty that Maya brought to the life is any indication, her final journey will be a beautiful one, lined with these precious petals and a scent that one can only imagine. As while there will be a void in the lives of many for years to come, let us not forget that we forever carry a memento of her life within us. While catching the petal of the precious sakura is almost impossible, we were lucky that Maya made it easy for us to carry a precious piece of her with us for the rest of our lives. To all who mourn, I know it's a challenging time full of heartache, but I hope that we can all find solace in the fact that our loved ones who have passed are at peace after taking their final journey along this beautiful path. Rest in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment