Wednesday, August 28, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 241]:~ Mapping It Out

 
~:[CH13 - Day 241]:~ Mapping It Out

I like the Cow Run ... when it's over. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the event take place, but the weight on my shoulders until the meet ends keeps me from enjoying it worry free. I am not made for putting on events of this size, not because I can't do it, but because I am really bad at delegating work. The process starts pretty early with deciding on a theme and designing the shirts and medals. It proceeds with the team awards, the merchandise and the registrations. Then as we get closer, the updates, the organizing and final plans start coming together. From checklists to signs, volunteer assignments and analyzing layouts, it's such a smorgasbord of tasks, but at the end, it all comes together. While I do most of the pre-work, I am glad to have such as experienced and reliable team who can execute the plan, even though I may not have done a good job delegating. If you ever plan a cross country invitational, keep it small or delegate early and it will make your life a lot easier. However, if you decide to take it all on, be sure to diagram everything out so it makes it easier when you're trying to execute it in the end. Hopefully my sign placers can follow my sign placement map as shown above or any other diagram I give them, but only time will tell how I feel Saturday afternoon when the finally piece of trash is thrown away and my van is fully loaded. I'll definitely be looking forward to eating and then taking a long nap until my event later that evening, but for now, I'll head back to finishing up all the last minute items, just hoping that I didn't forget anything. For those who are attending, I'll see you Saturday and for those who are not, I'll update you if I survive :) Let's get MOOOOOOOving!

No comments:

Post a Comment