Sunday, October 6, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 279]:~ Recovery

 
~:[CH13 - Day 279]:~ Recovery

It felt as if I worked over 120 hours this week. From preparation and organization, to executing a conference, a race, and even a team potluck. Although I didn't attend Saturday's race, I coordinated everything as I prepped for the conference. At the end of all of it, I need a day of recovery and I got just what I needed. I got invited to a small little "music parlor." It was just a handful of people enjoying the music of two musicians in a living room. The music helped me revive some of the energy that was drained from my body, as I soaked in the music. I was quite surprised that I was invited to such an intimate and exclusive event, but maybe it was God directing this towards me at the exact moment that I needed it. It was the exact refresher I needed to try and focus for the week ahead. While my motivation to work still wavered, I actually got hooked on organizing my digital files before getting to the few others things I needed to wrap up today. I didn't quite get everything done that I wanted, but that's okay, as I needed to give myself a little break and time to recover. I hope we all can find those things that will help us refuel all that we've lost whether it be energy, emotions, spirit or more. Many events in our lives will drain us, but all it takes is for us to find that thing to fill us back up to get us back on our feet. I'll look towards taking it easy the next few days before rolling back into rhythm, but I am glad that I got a jumpstart today, that will be just what I need to have enough to survive the week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment