~:[CH13 - Day 285]:~ The Light in the Darkness
I didn't sleep as much as I wanted to. There weren't too many nice spots to take a nap in the airport. I wrapped up my editing and did my best to rest until it was time to check in. I thought I would be able to sleep on the plane and take a nap before homecoming, but my flight got delayed from 8:30 to 9:30 to 10:30 to 11:30 to 1:00 to 2:45 and then past 3pm. I decided to not risk it as my flight sounded like it would be canceled, thus I jumped on another flight and made it home, exhausted. Of course, as bad as the day had gone, there was light in the darkness. As I walked into the dance, a red carpet was lined with little lights leading to the archway. It reminded me of the lights that appear out of nowhere when life hands you a tough moment. In complete darkness, often times, something leads you out of that darkness. After an inspiring event last night, it continuously reminded me of the impact that music had on the lives of others and made me remember that we all have the opportunity to provide light for each other, even when we find ourselves in our own darkness. I did my best to make everyone feel welcomed as I offered to take photos as they entered. While some people passed, it was great to see the joy on the faces of those who posed for the snap. Even if you are able to provide just a spark for someone, it may be the only thing they need to help pull them out of a moment when they are struggling. Let's be the light for those around us and hopefully it leads to an enchanted pathway as they leave the darkness that surrounded them behind.
-410.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment