~:[CH13 - Day 283]:~ Find Your Style
I always get the question, "what do I need to do to get an A?" I usually point to the board and say, you need these three simple things and after that, you decide. I think that many of our students are so structured to follow a format that they forget to find their own style and do their own thing. When deciding on whether to go to an event or not, they find out if their friends are going too. In my own life, I've learned to move at the beat of my own drum. If I want to go to something, I'll go, even if it's solo. I'll try to find my own niche and create things in the style that suits me best. When I collaborate, it's a little different, but when I am creating for myself, I always inject my own style rather than simply thinking about what others want. Will they like it? Honestly, if I am happy with how it turned out, I'm fine with it. I hope that our future generations have the ability to think for themselves. Instead of being molded into a structure that "works," I hope that they are allowed to think for themselves and learn about what their style is. At some point, they end up discovering themselves and who they are, but some take longer than others, trying to conform to what other people want. While I am not saying to forget completely about others, I am saying to be willing to travel your own path so you can find out who you are and what you truly are passionate about and love. Especially for parents, I hope that along with raising our children and allowing them to find happiness, that you also don't lose out on your ability to enjoy your own style and pleasures, as it's easy to forget about yourself in the chaos of life. Think about and help others, but at the same time, let's not forget to also take some time to think about ourselves, as it's easy to forget what our style truly is.


No comments:
Post a Comment