Thursday, October 24, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 297]:~ Radioactive

 
~:[CH13 - Day 297]:~ Radioactive

One of the ways that people are victorious are by being divisive. Our school musical this year was Radium Girls which addressed the radium crisis of the 1920s. With radium being used and promoted, the exposure of people to radium led to a number of health issues and death. Thinking only about the benefits it possessed, the paint was used for various glow in the dark purposes, while it was also used as a cure all, as they noted the health effects of consuming it. It was interesting to watch the very intense scenes as the drama unfolded throughout the musical. In real life, people were divided on how to respond, leaving the radium girls in a difficult situation. As I thought about it more, I thought about how divided our society is. A few radioactive individuals divide the population, as they show disdain for those around them. In the play, they were focused on business and profits, while not much has changed in the world today. Whether for money or power, the greed of people drives them to divide the people and often times, people join in and follow along. I hope that we can find a way to kick those radioactive people out of our lives and find a way to unify together, similar to what the radium girls did, in order to find progress. I hope that in our lives, we do not let those who are radioactive keep us from getting to where we want to go, as it's often these toxic people who destroy relationships and are the obstacles on the way to the goals we wish to accomplish. I loved the powerful message that this play told and I only hope that we all can learn to speak up and stay clear of those radioactives who are trying to take us down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment