
~:[CH13 - Day 290]:~ Keeping Us Safe
Another day, another crazy schedule. Today was the Great American Shakeout as we ran through the earthquake drill and how to evacuate. As we discussed what we would do in the case of an emergency, it makes you think of all the possibilities that can happen in life. From earthquakes to floods, accidents and more, life is full of unexpected events that we can never predict. Obviously, having a plan in life is always good key to averting the dangers that the challenges in life pose, however, can we always truly be prepared? If we can't prepare for something, then how to we survive it? As I snapped this picture of my students, one with the emergency pack and one who put on the helmet, I thought about all those around me who lifted me up during the disasters in my own life. I'm more of an introverted and independent person. I face up to a lot of things alone, but when I've faced these moments in my life, I've always had people step up to help me. It's easy for them to realize when that "natural disaster" in life hits us all, as we can do what we can to reach out to each other, however, when we find a natural disaster within ourselves, I hope we have the courage to reach out to those around us. When I look as this picture, I think about those who would be more than willing to step up to lend me a helping hand and who could help uplift me in the storms of life. Think about those people who would come running with the emergency pack and give you that safety helmet to guide you to safety when life throws that natural disaster your way. While some may feel alone and think that nobody would come to their aid, I hope you realize that there is an emergency crew ready and waiting to step up when disaster calls, whether for all of us or in your own life. Don't be afraid to reach out for help when you need it and hopefully we can all be that person who steps in to help others when life comes at you fast. Stay safe ya'll!

No comments:
Post a Comment