Sunday, May 4, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 124]:~ Imagination

 

~:[CH14 - Day 124]:~ Imagination

I am backlogged on a lot of albums and so I sad down and got to work. I was testing out a few new tools I have access to and it was cool to see what I was able to create. I opened up an album I had shot about three weeks ago and while I had already completed the albums, I got a request to edit a few of them. I finished it up and then got an idea for another edit. As I head into the summer, I am trying to active the creative side of my brain as a lot of the work I do requires my imagination. I have to try and figure out what my client wants and then try to create it from the resources I have access to. I think a world of imagination is exactly what the youth of our generation need. They need the opportunity to be creative, to think for themselves, and to find a path of their own. Too many times, I get asked, what do I need to do to get an "A" on this assignment. I think it's a valid question from a student who wants to succeed, but while it may get them that "A," it won't necessarily help them succeed beyond the walls of the school. Structure and following directions is good, but allowing the youth to explore and to create is often better. I think one of the reason why MUN students are successful in other areas is because they have to be imaginative and creative. Sometimes I get on them for stepping a bit too far outside the lines, but for the most part, their creativity is what  helps them understand the possibilities out there. I hope that in our daily lives, we allow ourselves a moment to create and imagine. From decorating a wall to coming up with an ingenious gift, using our creative mind is a great keep in keep us open to the endless possibilities out there. As while I hope to keep pushing the youth to imagine and create, as adults it's something we must continue to do, especially in a world where the responsibilities in life are overwhelming. Continue to imagine; continue to dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment