
~:[CH14 - Day 129]:~ Everlasting
It's always cool to end the night look at this year's Escudo de Oro class and also look back at all the seniors called to the stage. While we may forget what awards and recognitions we received, just being there and getting honored will be an everlasting memory. For these nine students, they reached the pinnacle of what it means to be a Don, as they hit all aspects to be honored among the many other deserving students. I was proud to know that I have worked with six of these students. Four of these students finished all four years of MUN, two I had in cross country, three in track and field, and one I worked with in basketball. It makes me realize that amazing students I get to work with year after year, who do so much for the school and leave an everlasting impression on the school. I think that is one reason why this photo means so much. It captures a group that represents each class and as a collective, they are what makes up the history of this campus. For each of us, there is something that will be that everlasting memory in our lives. Whether it's a competition, a project, or just a moment while hanging out afterschool, high school can be one of the best times of your life if you make the most of those years. There are so many opportunities to explore, to learn, and to evolve. However, the most important thing that high school can provide is everlasting memories. I was chatting with one of my seniors today about this trend of high school students look towards testing out and moving on to college or their careers as soon as possible. While for some may not have much of a choice, for those that do, I hope they see the importance of high school, a chance to spread your wings, to falter, to connect, to succeed, and to fail. There are so many experiences you lose out on, as when you arrive at a moment like tonight, you see all that you did over these four years, which now have become an everlasting part of your future. To all my seniors who survived the ups and downs of high school, I applaud you, as all of you are truly golden.

No comments:
Post a Comment