Thursday, May 22, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 142]:~ The Icing on the Cake

 
~:[CH14 - Day 142]:~ The Icing on the Cake

A few months after they won two delegation awards in New York, the junior MUN team was recognized by the city council for their amazing efforts. I have attended this meeting annually, but every time, I am glad that we were able to attend. While it may seem repetitious for those who've seen us before, each year, we take a different group of students who must complete the months of preparation, collect the hundred of documents, write the hundreds of pages of papers as a group, and who have to go into the conference to perform at a high level. Each of these groups deserves this opportunity to be recognized. It was great to have most of the team show up, before we headed to dinner that evening. It was my last event I had to organize and plan for the year and truly, I felt like I could enjoy the evening a bit more. I felt the weight on my shoulders being lifted and when I got home, there wasn't something I "had" to do, rather, I just tried my best to sort through all the photos and upload them. It ended up that my eyelids were too heavy and I allowed myself to go to bed. Tonight may have been another event that I didn't need to hold, but in reality, it would just have meant that I had a cake, but didn't take the time to add the icing. Celebrate your victories and take the time out to appreciate your own efforts and the efforts of others. As while it may seem commonplace that you've found success in one area or another, each of your accomplishments deserves to be celebrated and recognized. I am grateful for a city who is supportive of this idea and welcomes us time after time, as they understand the work that these students put in. Thank you again to all the juniors who put in all their energy into this process and I am glad that all they were rewarded for all the effort they put in at the very end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment