Wednesday, May 7, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 127]:~ One of Those Days ...

 
~:[CH14 - Day 127]:~ One of Those Days ...

I should have prepared myself for the worst. Typically when I have a lucky day, it's followed by a day that is mediocre or just plain terrible. Somehow, I messed up my scheduling and it left me flustered all day. I never was really focused as my mind wandered thinking of what I missed, but I knew that at this point, there was nothing I could do. I wrapped up classes and got everything together to prep for practice with our upcoming CIF competition coming up. Additionally, I just made sure I had everything for our CIF dinner late that evening. After one of our last practices of the year, we headed over to Sweetee Thai and had our annual CIF dinner. This year, we had someone from almost every event qualify, with such a range of athletes. It helped me move past the struggles of the day. Life comes at you fast and it doesn't really wait when it knocks you down. The reality is, you have to be ready to roll with the punches and get back up when you get hit. These types of days always happen, you just have to enter with the mindset that you can overcome the challenges or at the very least, you need to focus on moving forward. I could spend all day trying to figure out where everything went wrong, but at the end of the day, there's not much I can do, but make sure I focus on what's ahead to avoid the mistakes I made in the past. Improving, learning, and growing, as we make mistakes, we are given opportunities to learn about how we can get better. While for the short term, there will be a struggle, in the long run, when we have one of those days, it's an opportunity for us to learn and grow. Welcome these challenges with open arms and while we will never wish for them to constantly reoccur, we embrace these moments as opportunities if we approach these situations with the right mindset! Having one of those days? Just know, that you have what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment