Tuesday, May 13, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 133]:~ Why Not?

 
~:[CH14 - Day 133]:~ Why Not?

It has been difficult these past few days. I injured myself on Sunday and since then, it's been hard to sleep and move around. While I feel it's not as bad as I originally thought it could be, it still has been a hindrance to simply walk around and even sit. I sat with an ice pack most of the night and day in hopes that it would help. It has helped a bit, but not as much as I would have hoped. With my leg, I passed on taking photos yesterday and almost did again today. It was feeling better and I thought tonight would be one not to miss, so I said, why not? I headed out to Sunset and arrived at the show. It was an interesting setup where random people get together to play a song together and just jam out. I came to the show because there was a Japanese drumming sensation who was joining the event. She has great skills on the drums and I wanted to be there to capture some of these performances. While my spot was good for a lot of the photos for the evening, when it came to the drums, there were much better locations. I moved around and ended up on the stairs, which, even as a photographer, I could only be on for a short time. I got some shots, but didn't quite find the shot I was hoping for. As while an elevated stage is great to see the drums, it's always harder to see the drummer unless you're at a higher angle. Regardless, I enjoyed the night and left with a few shots that I was happy with. My leg didn't feel any different, so it was a win in my book, but I knew that tomorrow, I would be exhausted from being out late, as I forgot it was a school night when I agreed to this. In the end, it's always cool to be at these events capturing the moments, as aside from just the photographs themselves, you also gain a lot of connections that may take you to places you never expected. Sometimes, even when all the signs point to no, sometimes it's good to just say, "why not?"


No comments:

Post a Comment