.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 139]:~ Even When Disaster Strikes
It was the worst case scenario. I got a lot of work done through the day and was on pace for an early finish. I came home and got straight to editing and was down to my final song. Poof. The lights went out. We've had this before so I figured in an hour or two, things would be back to normal, seven hours later, it was still the same. I gave up and headed to bed after doing a few tasks I could do without any electricity. It was a bit overwhelming as I sat in the dark eating chili from a can. It felt a bit apocalyptic as I was eating canned food in the dark. I ranted a bit, then did some editing on a project I was planning to do later to keep my mind off of things. I seat my alarm for 3am and then headed to bed. I was hoping that things would work on out in the end, but when disaster strikes, you just make due. I figured out a plan for what to do in case I couldn't finish and then I went to bed, knowing I just had to wait it out. The timing couldn't have been any worse, as it was the day before the banquet, but there's really nothing that I could do, but wait. When disaster strikes, do what you can and after that, just pray and hope that things will work out or someone can help you make it through. I was happy to have so many people offer their help to me. I ended up declining every offer, but glad to know the support circles I have around me. As I ponder if I'll be able to get everything done, I'll go to sleep without the anxiety as I've already accepted the fact that there is only so much I can do. Let fate decide what lies ahead tomorrow and beyond.

No comments:
Post a Comment