Saturday, May 24, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 144]:~ Never Ever Give Up

 

~:[CH14 - Day 144]:~ Never Ever Give Up

I think it's often the case that Winston Churchill immortalized the quote, "never give up." It's a fun story to hear even if he wasn't the originator of the quote. However, that quote is 100% the truth in life. You never know what you can do. In the recent NBA playoffs, that idea has been quite evident as a number of leads evaporated. In high school sports, it usually doesn't happen, but it can. After a morning of cooking and doing work, I was able to catch the game. It was a little discouraging as the team fell behind and it looked like West Ranch might run away with it, but in the final inning, our athletes never gave up. They scored run after run and closed the lead down to two runs (7-9). The Dons battled and even loaded the bases with two outs. Sadly, the swing did not make contact and the team lost the game, but they did not lose at all. They never gave up and that was a victory in itself. In life, there are situations that seem hopeless, but we never truly know if we can actually pull something off. Today, the girls attempted it and were a hit away from making it happen despite all odds. In our future, we may actually find that break through and find success. Instead of just saying Never give up, we should think, "never, never, never, never give up." Keep pushing and give yourself an opportunity at victory and at the end if you fall short, at least you know you gave it your all. I am so proud of our team. As I worked and wrapped up the piles of work I had left to do, I was in a joyous state, as while I was sad that we lost, I was happy about how they finished it off, giving every last ounce they had. There's not much more you can ask for from people and when people do just that, you can't help it but be overjoyed. Sure, it would have been better if they had won, but the reality is, we can't always get what we want, but even so, we can always make sure we know we did all we could to achieve what we were aiming for. Congrats on an amazing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment