Saturday, November 1, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 305]:~ Until the Sun Set

 
~:[CH14 - Day 305]:~ Until the Sun Set

I had a lot of work to do, but I worked tirelessly in the morning so that I could head out to Adelanto in the evening. the drive was supposed to be about 90 minutes, but the time never changed and ultimately, I was driving for almost 2.5 hours. Instead of arriving early, I arrived as the game was about to start. Our team was facing a very strong team who had a nice balance of a good passer, rusher, and teammates who could catch. In the end, the team fell short of their goal of making it to the championship as the game was decided as the sun began to set behind them and the stadium lights came on. Visually, the sunset was beautiful despite the agony that sat in my stomach. I felt for the lady Dons. However, what I loved was that they kept playing and doing what they could until the sun finally set on their season. I could hear the tears which were quite gut-wrenching, however, later on, I heard the girls reminding each other of what they accomplished in their first season, which was quite uplifting. Life can become discouraging and even when the odds are stacked against you, don't let up until the sun finally sets and the final buzzer sounds. Even when there is a 0.01% change of breaking through, never forget that the chance exists. Even so, the fact that you kept pushing until the end will mean a lot more than anything else. Congrats on a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment