
~:[CH14 - Day 309]:~ Breakthrough
The day didn't play out perfectly, but it still ended will in many ways. It was great to see that two of our athletes who pushed for the top, found their way there, while others had breakthrough performances allowing them to reach new heights. I saw a lot of impressive finishes and while I wish we could have captured another league title, I was still proud at how the team battled. Two of my athletes were aiming for the MVP award and they both got it! One athlete won all three of her races even after injuring herself after the second league cluster. Our boy finished third in the first meet after just coming off injury, but still managed to make a strong charge and shaving off a few more seconds from his previous mark on the course. I could highlight all the great performances on the day, but I rather just say that I was proud at the effort than most of our athletes put forth. They battled through the season, dealt with the aches and pains, and ultimately came a challenged on this final regular season stage. Tomorrow, we begin our focus on CIF, but at least for tonight, I'll happily celebrate the breakthroughs of my athletes on this finale of the regular season.

No comments:
Post a Comment