Sunday, November 9, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 313]:~ In the Darkness

 
~:[CH14 - Day 313]:~ In the Darkness

This week, I almost didn't get a chance to breathe. I had events pretty much every day this week and it was capped off with UCLAMUN. We traveled for the weekend to the conference with a bus full of students who spent their weekend on campus. It was great to see them in committee, as they appeared much older than their actual age. For some, they faced disappointment, while we had a good number of students find success. There was a lot going on throughout the day, but I was glad that I survived it all. I appreciate the fact that I was able to accomplish so much, from briefly watching a family's friend son's basketball game that happened to be at UCLA during my break, catching up with alumni, and being able to work with these amazing students. It was dark by the time we walked out of the tennis center after the awards ceremony. Everyone was tired and dreading going into school tomorrow, but still yet, they showed their resilience, determination, and grit, something that will help them survive the obstacles they face ahead so that they can find all the great things that await them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment