
~:[CH14 - Day 315]:~ Challenge Accepted
There was a little challenge to incorporate spicy mayo into a cooking dish, so I used the morning to cook up this yuzu mentaiko cream pasta. I incorporated the spicy mayo into the cream base, not making it too spicy since I knew my dad would be eating it. It came out just right. The dish balanced well with the shiso and yuzu, hitting a range of flavors and textures. I was happy to be able to complete this as I waited for my computer to render as I processed the endless stack of albums awaiting. I headed off, a little sad knowing that I would have another stack of work to do after this evening. However, my stomach was happy as I stepped out after eating a delish dish. Sometimes when we accept a challenge, we get to reap the rewards. While not all tasks have rewards, when you're lucky enough, you'll come across something when you earn something for your hard work. Let's not train ourselves to only accept the challenge when a reward awaits, but at the same time, appreciate the fact that you earned a reward when you do. I was exhausted by night's end, but as I walked out of the theater, I remembered that earlier I had found ten dollars on the ground, which ended up allowing me to grab one of those street dogs before I headed home. It was a perfect ending to a much needed day, as I got some work done, accomplished a personal goal, and enjoyed the fruits of my labor. I look forward to challenges that lie ahead!

No comments:
Post a Comment