Saturday, September 5, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 249]:~ Truly Magical

 

~:[CH15 - Day 249]:~ Truly Magical

It was incredible to see my former athlete on stage. As a freshman he was quite. We did our best to make him apart of our team and he always came along, even if he hadn't found his voice yet. Fast forward to today and he spoke on stage in front of an entire ballroom of people. Not only did he give a speech today, he became a teacher who lectures in front of his students regularly, having to do something that wasn't easy for him not long ago. There was a lot of talk of overcoming obstacles and boundaries and I was touched by his words. Watching him dance on the dance floor later on, reminded me of our dance unit we held during PE years and years ago. It was a nostalgic moment, but also one that reminded me about the magic of our roles as educators. While we often use our meetings to talk about data, there is no data that can measure our ultimate reach. Learning how to score well on a standardized test to help our school's data, pales in comparison to see the growth of a student. I'm not saying it's not important, but there are many more measures to success than what we are looking at today. For those with students who haven't entered high school yet, I think it's definitely a valid point to consider. Where will they thrive the most? To see students thrive is what I hope for and something I have to remind myself of daily. I often veer of track with the stress of everything weighing down, but I must remember that in order for the magic to happen, I must fulfil my role and help provide the experiences these students need to help them find their voice. Congrats on your truly beautiful and magical union!

No comments:

Post a Comment