.jpg)
~:[CH15 - Day 262]:~ Let Them Fly
When I thought of this year's theme, I thought of the many colors of Rio. Throughout their events, birds were also part of the presentations. As I wandered around the campus, I thought about all of these students and the freedom they felt as they danced around together, took photos together, and simply enjoyed the evening. I think many times in life, these students have so many things they have to take care of and sometimes, they also need an opportunity to let loose and fly. I always am appreciative of the effort that my MUN students put in as it required a lot of them to get their work done, so it was nice to see them dancing around and enjoying the evening without the worry of the work they had to do. I'm excited for where they will all head in the future, but it's moments like tonight that help me appreciate what is lost without the full high school experience. While going to a good college and getting a good job is important, the best way for them to learn to fly is to experience life, bot the good and the bad. The students were jumping around as I took one final glance at the quad, and I was happy to see them smiling and laughing during this wonderful and joyous evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment