~:[CH3 - Day 345]:~ Storming In
It was definitely a challenge to wake up at three in the morning, however, I did and was out of the house by about 4:15am. It's weird being out so early, but I guess other people do it, since there were cars out there on the road with us. Luckily, our flight was still good and the flight after us was canceled so we were able to fly in and to SFO, not without a little dramatics. As we were in descent, we got a pretty good rocking in the air, however, we ended up landing safe and sound. We trekked to our hotel and walked through the rain with our luggage to safety only to find the area in a power outage. It was a challenge as the kids just got a chance to change before committee and had to head there without very much rest. In the end, they got there in time in delegate dress. For dinner, I was able to catch up with Doug and Gina! It's always great to see them and they've always been good about coming out to see me when I am in town! It was quite the exhausting night and it was capped with me falling asleep, before waking up again to get some more editing done for the banquet. As challenging as things have been, we all have worked together to overcome these storms, hoping for the sunshine to come our way soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment