Sunday, December 21, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 355]:~ Appreciation

~:[CH3 - Day 355]:~ Appreciation
I am blessed. While I don't always appreciate how blessed I am, from time to time, I am reminded. I was cleaning around the house today in one of my first real days off, as I had time to read through the letter from my sponsor child. The letters take awhile to get here so the letter was written a few months ago. After my visit in July, I made an additional donation to the family, seeing how much more they could use the money than I could. While getting a picture from my sponsor child is rare since the center must take it and print it for them, I got one sent to me showing what the money I had given them had allowed them to do. They got a gas stove, a cabinet, and some dishware with the money as well as money for school. To see how excited they are for these things we think of "necessities" has continued to make me see how little I need some things. My hope is that I can cut back on some of these non-essential expenses so that I can provide more support for their family. I think it's been such a blessing to take on this venture and am so proud to be able to communicate with them as often as I can. While there may be things that bother me and that I wish I could take care of, it will be letters like these that will help me realize that I need to be appreciative of all the things that I have, as there are many people who do not have the luxuries that I may sometimes take for granted. Appreciate all that you have which includes a roof over your head, food on the table, a nice warm place to sleep, and the family and friends that are there for you day after day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment