Friday, August 12, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 224]:~ FOMO NOMO?

 
~:[CH11 - Day 224]:~ FOMO NOMO?

Someone asked me today what the kids were like these days. We ended up with a smaller group than normal for our bike ride today and I guess overall, we've faced a bit lower numbers and consistency at practices and events. I guess you could say that some of it is lingering from the pandemic, but could it be a change in them? At times I think that they are stretched too thin, they are too focused on games and their phones, or they just can't push themselves to get out and do something. I am not sure if in the past, there were a fear of missing out and if so, if that's disappeared or if it's just temporary with this particular group. We have begun more normalcy this year, it just that it's been with a smaller group than we've done in the past. I'm sure over time, things may change, however, I am hoping that these athletes realize that they should take advantage of these opportunities they are given, as they are what make the team. Sometimes it's just timing, but at other times, I know these athletes can put themselves out there more if they really wanted to. I'm hoping that they do this as it's definitely one of the things that really makes the most precious memories for the athletes on the team. In the end, for those who attended, we had a great time and I just hope that more and more of them will take these opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment